The application database contains all of the data that defines what the application is and what it does. Any component designed and developed in EASYProcess for an application is stored here. This is the database that the developer will be accessing and using to create the application.
Examples of Application Database Tables:
- Custom Tables - When new features are added to the application, if a database table is desired, it will be added to the Application Database.
- SCM Tables - All SCM tables are directly related to the application and are defined in the application. These tables store info like what sources are currently checked out, what project they belong to, what developer is working on it, etc.
- WebPart, Process, Workflow, and WebPage Tables - Every aspect of the application exists as a record in a table in the application database. These tables store the XML which define the WebPart, Process, etc.
- Entity Tables - EASYProcess has copies of database table definitions which are called entities. It does this so it can quickly do the equivalent of table joins and even store more information related to each record than it has defined in the table (such as the next number which EASYProcess generates and will insert into the table’s primary key column). In the Application Database, entities are used for commonly used tables such as the shopping cart or order tables.
- Application Level Configuration Variables Tables - Configuration Variables created for the specific application will be part of the Application category (instead of the System category). These will be defined in the Application Database.
Custom Table Naming Convention
When creating custom tables, it is important to Follow standard naming conventions. Depending on the purpose of the table, a different template should be used.
Type of Custom Table
Client Specific Table
This ensures that all custom tables made for a feature are located by each other in the alphabetized table list. This also makes custom tables easy to identify for other developers.
EASYProcess System Table
This is the existing naming convention for EASYProcess system tables used by the Application.
“EC_[TableName]” is the existing naming convention for EASYCommerce tables.