Entity Type/Table Management
Upload new Entity from database
Only database tables can be converted to entities. So before you proceed please make sure that a table corresponding to the entity you are trying to create is ready in the application database.
From the menu, go to 'Entity Management' --> ‘Entity Type/Table Management'. In 'Entity Type Maintenance' screen, click on 'Upload Entity from database'. In the 'Convert Table To Entity' window that shows up, specify following attributes to your entity:
- Select a table: Which table from the application database should be converted as an entity?
- Entity Name: By default this is your TableName. However, you can give a custom name to your entity. Please be sure to name the entity properly.
- Next Number required: Should a NextNumber be generated for this entity? If yes, what should the Prefix be? EASYProcess numbers its entities starting from 10000000 and therefore the unique entity next number would look something like: PREFIX-10000000.
- Entity Ids: Specify a Primary Id that should be used to identify the records for this entity. This id has to be unique throughout the table. EASYProcess lets you specify upto 12 unique identifiers to a table. If your table has more than 12 unique identifiers, that entity will not be supported in EASYProcess.
- Description: Which column should be used to describe this entity? EASYProcess will display entities as <PRIMARY ID>-<DESCRIPTION PROPERTY> A good description will help you identify the records in this entity better.
- If you have columns in the custom database named ‘Created by’, ‘Created on’, ‘Updated by’, ‘Updated on’ then EASYProcess will load those columns into the fields following the description.
When ready, click on 'Convert' to make this table as an entity in EASYProcess.
Edit/Modify existing Entity
From the menu, go to 'Entity Management' --> ‘Entity Type/Table Management'. In 'Entity Type Maintenance' screen, select the entity you wish to edit and click on 'Modify Entity' to open 'Entity Canvas'. Make your changes and click 'Save' to save your changes.
Also, if you have made changes to the database table, you can use the ‘Sync Entity with Database’ button. This will Add, Delete any of the new or changed columns in the Database.
Entity Record/Data Maintenance
From the menu, go to "Entity Management" --> "Entity Record/Data Maintenance".
"Entity Maintenance" contains list of Entity types belongs to EASYProcess. Each Entity type contains list of Entity of same type such as "Webparts" , "WebPages".
Tasks that can be performed on the Entities:
- Edit Entity
- Duplicate Entity
- Delete Entity
- Add new Entity
- Export to XML file
- Import from XML file
Suppose you want to Edit the Webpart Entity for ‘Order Templates’
"Entity Management" --> "Entity Record/Data Maintenance" --> Double click "Webparts" --> Right click on "Order Templates" and select "Edit Login Webpart".
Double click on Entity Type such as "WebParts" it will explore list of webParts in the EASYProcess. Now select your intended Entity and "Right Click" you will find "Edit Order Templates".Here you can change the properties of this WebPart as shown below.
Suppose you want to create a duplicate Webpart of ‘Order Templates’
"Entity Management" --> "Entity Record/Data Maintenance" --> Double click "Webparts" --> Right click on "Order Templates Webpart" and select "Duplicate Order Templates".
- You will find "Duplicate Entity-name" say "Yes" to pop up window.You will find new Message box mentioning "New Entity-XXXXXXXXX created successfully and added at bottom of tree".
- This will create a new Webpart with the latest WebpartID, and give it the same name/description as the duplicated Webpart.
- Now go to newly added entity and Edit the name so you will get identical entity with different name.
To delete an entity,
- From the menu, go to ‘Entity Management’ and select ‘Entity Maintenance’.
- From the list of entities, find the entity you wish to delete.
- Double-click on it to expose all available entities for that entity.(eg. Webpart)
- From the list, right-click the entity you wish to delete and click on ‘Delete <EntityName>(<EntityId>)’ option.
- This will give you a prompt saying “Are you sure you want to delete entity: <EntityId> Type: Webpart?” Clicking yes will delete the Entity and also any of it detail entities.
Suppose you want to add a new Webpart Entity
"Entity Management" --> "Entity Record/Data Maintenance" --> Right click on "Webparts" and select "Add new Webpart".
This is same as Edit Entity. you have to supply attribute values as per your need and when you click on "Add" it will create new Entity-id for you.
This is not the default method to be creating new Webparts. However, it is a functionality that the Entity Management module will offer.
Import from XML
You can import a source directly into an EASYProcess application provided you have a valid XML document of that source.
- From the home screen of the application in question, select from the top menu "Entity Management" --> "Entity Record/Data Maintenance"
- Right click anywhere on the node list and select 'Import from XML'
- Select a valid XML document and press 'OK,' this will open the 'Entity Transfer Utility' dialog. You should see the source you wish to copy in the node list. If you do not, then the XML document did not contain valid data. It may have been corrupted when it was generated. Export the source again and try to import it. It is good practice to see if the source comes up in import immediately after exporting it in order to check to make sure the file generated properly.
- Specify how you want the source copied over and then click 'Copy Entity.' A pop up will display when completed and you should be able to find your source in the node list.
There are three ways to generate an ID for the new source
- Use From Entity Id - this will use the same Entity Id that the source had when it was exported, overwriting any source already present on the application with the same Id.
- Create New Id - this will generate the next available Id number for the Entity Type.
- To Entity Id Typed in Below - this will use the Entity Id you specify at the time of copy. This will overwrite any sources with the same Id already present in the application.
Export to XML
This is a great way to save your progress on an Entity. Especially a Webpart Entity. At any point of development you can go to "Entity Management" --> "Entity Record/Data Maintenance" --> Double click "Webparts" --> Right click on "Order Templates Webpart" and select "Export to XML".
This will save the XML code of the Order Templates Webpart on your machine. If something goes wrong in the development after this point, you have to option to go back into Entity Management and import the saved Webpart XML to restore your original Webpart.
Entity Hierarchy is the third option on the Entity Management menu.
- Entity Hierarchy can be used to make Menu type functionality.
- You can Add Entity, Edit Entity, Import and Export Entity, delete Entity.
- You can change the order of the Entities in the Entity Hierarchy.
- The Edit, Add, Delete, Export and Import to XML file options are same as mentioned in the "Entity Maintenance" Chapter.
Drag and Drop:
To manage Entity Hierarchy use Drag and Drop feature.
- Double click on Entity type such as "AuthenticationProcessSequence"
- Select Entity that you want to move from "Browse Entity" section to "View Hierarchy"
- Explore Entity type on "View Hierarchy" side .
- Now drag and drop Entity from "Browse Entity" section to "View Hierarchy"
Screenshots copied "PRC-10000018" from "Browse Entity" section to "View Hierarchy"
This is also useful to add webpages to menus for different user roles. In the bottom screenshot we see the webpage ‘TestWebPart’ being dragged to the Guest Menu. This way, anyone with user type set to Guest will be able to see the contents of this webpage on their menu screen.
This section will help you add and edit custom tables into the database. These functions are usually tied to the SQL database created for the application’s tables.
Adding a new table to database
Click on 'Add New Table', provide a table name and 'Add' it.
Work with Columns
In this screen you can:
- View the structure of a table.
- Change the type and name of the column.
- Delete a column.
Run SQL query
Run SQL query can be launched from two places: under Tools, and under Entity Management. Select Run SQL Query from either of those drop down menus, and follow the below steps.
- Configure "Data Type" by drag and drop applicable Data Type from right hand side.
- Configure "Data Connection String" by drag and drop applicable connection string from right hand side.
- We can use the QueryBuilder option to built query for us or type in our own query into the Query String box.
- Test Query by clicking "Run Query" or using F5 on your keyboard.